Do you have experience in the legal industry and seeking a new opportunity? Are you someone who likes variety and learning something new every day?
If you said yes, you’re just what we need!
This *entry level* position is based in Rancho Cordova, CA. As the Legal Scheduling Coordinator at ExamWorks (internally called a Scheduling Coordinator) you will assist and support our clients, physicians and examinees teams by scheduling and coordinating appointments.
This role is a full time position with a standard work schedule Monday-Friday 8:30-5:00 plus benefits.
* Schedules examinations through IME Centric or office specific system database.
* Schedules and confirms appointment dates and times with physicians' offices.
* Communicates with clients regarding appointment scheduling, physician CV's, appointment changes, no shows, cancellations, and receipt of medical records and/or images.
* Coordinates with the client to obtain required medical records prior to examination.
* Prepares the chart by ensuring all records required are included, creates a cover letter detailing specific client questions, issues, and service requests and routes to the provider and/or to the exam location prior to examination.
* Prepares and sends exam notification letters daily.
* Communicates with physicians, clients and or examinees regarding any schedule changes. Responsible to submit client invoice and/or issue to accounting if charges are incurred.
* When required, responsible for ensuring prompt pre-payment for services issued.
* Coordinates ancillary services such as interpretation, chaperones, transportation, and or exam site rentals when needed. Ensures the appropriate steps are taken to cancel and/or reschedule services upon appointment change or cancellation.
* Handles and responds promptly to incoming calls, e- mails or faxes from physicians or clients requesting report status and/or information.
* Provides support and/or coverage to satellite offices as needed.
* Arrange lodging and or transportation for out-of-town examinees, assists with directions, etc.
* Processes mail, deliveries and shipments as needed.
* Participate in various educational and or training activities as required.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent required. A minimum of one year related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience. Experience in a medical office preferred.
* Ability to handle multiple phone lines with heavy call volume.
* Ability to operate computer, fax, copier, scanner, and telephone
* Must be able to type a minimum of 35 W.P.M.
* Must be able to multitask.
* Ability to follow instructions and respond to upper managements' directions accurately
* Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met.
* Must demonstrate exceptional communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions where clarification is needed.
* Must be able to work independently, prioritize work activities and use time efficiently.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
* Must be able to demonstrate and promote a positive team -oriented environment.
* Must be able to stay focused and concentrate under normal or heavy distractions.
* Must be able to work well under pressure and or stressful conditions.
* Must possess the ability to manage change, delays, or unexpected events appropriately.
* Demonstrates reliability and abides by the company attendance policy.
* Must maintain a professional and clean appearance at all times consistent with company standards.
Who we are:
is a leading provider of innovative healthcare services including independent medical examinations, peer reviews, bill reviews, Medicare compliance, case management, record retrieval, document management and related services. Our clients include property and casualty insurance carriers, law firms, third-party claim administrators and government agencies that use independent services to confirm the veracity of claims by sick or injured individuals under automotive, disability, liability and workers' compensation insurance coverages.
ExamWorks offers a fast-paced team atmosphere with competitive benefits, paid time off, and 401k.
ExamWorks, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affords equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to protected veteran status, qualified individuals with disabilities and all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans