To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent required. A minimum of 6 months on the job experience in a medical office or related field preferred. Bilingual in Spanish is required. Medical Assistant degree is required. Experience in WorkComp is preferred.
- Must have adequate knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, medications and laboratory values.
- Must possess complete knowledge of general computer, fax, copier, scanner, and telephone
- Must be knowledgeable of multiple software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and the Internet.
- Ability to follow instructions and respond to managements’ directions accurately
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met.
- Must demonstrate exceptional communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions where clarification is needed.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, prioritize work activities and use time efficiently.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to demonstrate and promote a positive team -oriented environment.
- Must be able to stay focused and concentrate under normal or heavy distractions.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and or stressful conditions.
- Must possess the ability to manage change, delays, or unexpected events appropriately.
- Demonstrates reliability and abides by the company attendance policy.
- Must maintain a professional and clean appearance at all times consistent with company standards.