ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Responsible to coordinate and direct the clerical QA department’s daily workflow to ensure all client submissions and reports are completed on time in the most effective and efficient manner possible.
- Prioritizes and manages the daily workload and ensures all information is tracked through the system database and equitable distribution of work is maintained.
- Maintains daily contact with the Clinical QA Coordinators regarding workflow and status of pending reports.
- Ensures documentation of all processes, communications, report status and due dates via system tracker or database are uploaded and maintained.
- Manages and ensures daily follow up, clarification or concerns regarding cases are handled.
- Receives completed reports and reviews for completeness and accuracy, including proper formatting, grammar and sentence structure.
- Completes and or ensures all invoicing is billed daily and in accordance with company practices and client contract
- Handles and responds promptly to incoming calls, emails or faxes from physicians or clients requesting report status and/or information.
- When necessary, works with transcriptionists and/or physicians’ offices regarding report details, clarification, returns, Addendums, etc.
- Provides backup to the department as needed to ensure work is completed within required time-frames and assists to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual goals.
- Ensures all medical records and reports are properly documented and saved in the appropriate location.
- When necessary, notifies management of any report issues or concerns requiring managements’ attention.
- Ensures department compliance of all federal ERISA and/or state mandates is adhered to at all times.
- Ensures all practices are carried out in accordance with HIPAA compliance practices, state and federal safety standards and legal regulations.
- Promotes effective and efficient utilization of clinical resources and supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Directly supervise and carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ExamWorks’ policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Carries out all supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s standards, policies, and all applicable employment laws.
- Provides support, training, tools, and techniques to assist staff in achieving department goals and standards.
- Oversees the completion and approval of employee timecards and coordinates overtime needs with management and staff as needed.
- Encourages positive morale, maintains harmony among staff, and resolves grievances when necessary.
- Actively participates in the departments hiring and employee separation needs.
- Communicates change effectively and prepares and supports those affected by change accordingly.
- Actively participates in observing employee performance and documents performance issues as needed.
- Supervise insubordinate staff when warranted and initiate corrective or disciplinary actions as required and/or directed by upper management.
- Ensure periodic performance feedback is communicated with all staff and report any performance concerns, recommendations for job placement and/or growth opportunities to management.
- Actively participates in successfully conducting annual performance evaluations.
- Works directly with the department manager to ensure all staffing needs are met and the best working environment is achieved.