ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Establishing the needs of users and monitoring user access and security;
- Mapping out the conceptual design for a planned database in outline;
- Considering both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users;
- Refining the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model;
- Further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements;
- Installing and testing new versions of the database management system (DBMS);
- Maintaining data standards;
- Contribute to Data Governance program
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata);
- Controlling access permissions and privileges;
- Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans;
- Ensuring that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly;
- Capacity planning;
- Working closely with IT project managers and application developers;
- Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security;
- Commissioning and installing new applications and customizing existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
- Administer all production, test and development databases which includes extensive replication.
- Along with the software development team, this person will also:
- Maintain and develop ETL processes using SSIS and stored procedures
- Maintain and develop a data warehouse for online analytic processing (OLAP) and cube development
- Maintain and develop reports utilizing SSRS
- Ability to write clearly and informatively to all required audiences and edit own work for appropriate spelling and grammar.
- Ability to effectively present information one-on-one, in small to large groups, to top management, and/or clients or vendors of the company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position generally consists of:
- Sitting 6 to 8 hours a day.
- Light to moderate walking and standing required within the office and or during travel
- Occasional air travel with overnight stay required.
- Occasionally lifting and/or carrying up to 20 lbs.
- Occasionally pushing/pulling up to 20 lbs.
- Occasionally required to walk multiple flights of stairs.
- Occasionally subject to bending, squatting or twisting.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is primarily office time, but may require travel to business units or community events.
- Extended hours are occasionally required beyond the regular eight (8) hour work day.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but noise levels may increase during outside office functions or during times of travel.