The Director of Research Services is responsible for the overall performance of the company’s operational success with regard to all aspects of Conditional Payment Services. This position is responsible for the development and implementation of operational processes and procedures, effectively delegates responsibilities and ensures all products and services are delivered with the highest level of quality and customer service. This position demonstrates exceptional leadership and ensures all practices are carried out in the most effective and efficient way possible and in accordance with all federal, state and local regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
• Responsible for the overall operations of the company and coordinating the development, implementation and monitoring of all operational processes and procedures.
• Responsible for all ongoing training of the department based on changes within the Agencies’ (CMS and BCRC) policies and procedures. Work with ECS Operational Training and Quality department as needed to ensure consistent training is provided to the department.
• Remain up to date with any regulatory changes posted by BCRC or CMS as they relate to Research services and disseminate timely to the Research staff and Management.
• Monitor department volumes and service level turnaround times to ensure clients’ needs are met, and escalate any issues as required.
• Actively participates in the preparation of short and long term planning and budget development to support strategic goals and growth objectives.
• Provides strategic vision and planning for existing services and aids in the development of new products and services relative to Conditional Payment of Lien Services.
• Reviews financial results through varies resources to measure productivity and ensures operations are in line and with the company’s financial goals and objectives.
• Oversees the management of all operational staff and directly supervises all members of the operational management team.
• Works directly with management to ensure the execution of staff scheduling, distribution, production and completion of all work is achieved in a timely manner.
• Responsible to manage the development, implementation and review of all training programs and quality assurance.
• Conducts research and quality assurance review of products and technologies to determine quality and effectiveness and makes adjustments and or recommendations for changes to enhance the efficiency and profitability of the company.
• Provides advice, training and/or necessary support for various project assignments as required.
• Plans and organizes departmental meetings as needed and actively participates in all managerial meetings as required.
• Communicates pertinent information regarding the status of the company to all appropriate individuals within the company.
• Ensures the management of all office needs including, but not limited to, client service contacts, vendor contracts, maintenance requirements, etc. is managed by the proper members of management.
• Ensures compliance of all required recordkeeping, including, but not limited to, client contracts, vendor contracts, and employment records.
• As required, represents the business unit at all meetings to both internal and external audiences, including presentations via phone, webinar, and/or in-person.
• Ensure that all organization activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
• Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned by the General Manager.
Directly supervise and carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ExamWorks’ policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Carries out all managerial responsibilities in accordance with the company’s standards, policies, and all applicable employment laws.
• Provides support, training, tools, and techniques to assist staff in achieving department goals and standards.
• Ensures all employee schedules are adhered to and coordinates overtime needs with the supervisory management and staff as needed.
• Demonstrates and encourages positive morale, maintains harmony among staff and resolves grievances when necessary.
• Directs and actively participates in the departments hiring and employee separation needs.
• Communicates change effectively and prepares and supports those affected by change accordingly.
• Actively participates in observing employee performance and ensures the documentation of performance issues are completed as required.
• Handles insubordinate staff as needed and initiates corrective or disciplinary actions as required.
• Ensure periodic performance feedback is communicated with all staff and addresses any performance concerns, recommendations for job placement and/or growth opportunities as required.
• Ensures timely completion of all annual performance evaluations and actively participates in conducting direct reports performance evaluations.
• Implements team-building exercises and ensures employee reward and recognitions programs are actively utilized.
• Leads and directs management to ensure all staffing needs are met and the best working environment is achieved.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree in business management or related field or minimum four years of experience in management or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Strong knowledge of claims management relative to workers' compensation, no-fault, liability, and disability is essential in performing the required job duties well.