EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Finance or related field preferred. 7 years in progressive Benefit and Leave Management with a minimum of 3 years direct supervisory/management experience required. Canadian benefit plan experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
CEBS and/or SPHR preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience with benefit design and program management.
- 3 years direct supervisory/management experience required.
- Established experience analyzing benefit plan and vendor performance with a focus on cost containment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal and state regulations governing benefit and compensation programs, including but not limited to ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, PPACA and associated accounting and tax requirements.
- Deep knowledge of current Health Care Reform (ACA) legislation requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels within the company.
- Proven strength as team leader, and able to collaborate with and work across multiple locations, functions and disciplines.
- Proven success working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing or changing organization.
- Ability to understand, adapt and react to business needs and/ or strategic/regulatory needs.
- Ability to understand, develop and evaluate plan proposals (RFP's).
- Uses good judgment and includes the appropriate people in the decision-making process.
- Superior oral and written skills as well as proven success developing and delivering impactful presentations.
- Possess strong mathematical, financial, analytical and negotiating skills.
- Advanced user in multiple software programs, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet.
- Proven effectiveness at being flexible, creative, team oriented, and results-driven.
- Ability to collect and research data to analyze complex or diverse information.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Demonstrates the ability to develop alternative and effective solutions.
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize work activities and use time efficiently.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and serve as a trusted resource.
- Must maintain a professional and clean appearance at all times consistent with company standards.
- This position demonstrates exceptional leadership and ensures all practices are carried out in the most effective and efficient way possible.