ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating measurement tools as needed to ensure ongoing standards of quality and turnaround times are being met.
- Discussing with VP case management operations when additional case managers are needed in order to ensure case volume is adequately maintained.
- Determining who is available to take assignments and notifying the referral coordinators of availability.
- Educating, providing resources/guidance, and interacting with the case managers, referral coordinators and the billing department on a regular basis.
- Managing turnaround time of work product completed by assigned case managers.
- Conducting new hire orientation for all new case managers and providing ongoing support.
- Reviewing and approving case management reports on a daily basis.
- Reviewing billing activity in conjunction with report documentation to assure accuracy.
- Researching pertinent WC statutory information and updating/modifying resource database accordingly.
- Responding promptly to customers and account executives regarding work product concerns.
- Participating in weekly Quality and Operations conference calls with peers and senior management as required to address improvement opportunities or operational deficiencies.
- Reporting and evaluating timeliness and QA outcomes of all case management work to the VP, case management.
- Maintaining quality assurance of all products. Facilitating/overseeing timely delivery of product to customer
- In conjunction with Home Office, periodically auditing case managers to ensure they are currently performing in accordance with ECS policies and procedure
- Obtaining/maintaining national certifications as required.
- Active membership in national and local organizations is encouraged to enhance/maintain company presence (CMSA, IARP, RIMS, etc.)
- Attending all scheduled conference calls as mandated by management
- Maintaining any required credentials and adhering to all codes of ethics required by those credentials.
- Performing various professional duties as assigned.
Directly supervise and carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ExamWorks Clinical Solutions (ECS) policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Carrying out all managerial responsibilities in accordance with the company’s standards, policies, and all applicable employment laws.
- Providing support, training, tools, and techniques to assist staff in achieving department goals and standards.
- Managing new hire orientation, training, and continued employee development.
- Managing the department’s time off programs and coordinating work schedules as needed.
- Encouraging positive morale, maintaining harmony among staff, and resolving grievances when needed.
- In conjunction with the Human Resources Department, has responsibility for the Departments’ hiring and employee separation needs.
- Communicating change effectively and preparing and supporting those affected by change accordingly.
- Observing employee performance and documenting performance issues as needed.
- Supervising staff and when warranted, initiating corrective or disciplinary actions as required.
- Providing periodic performance feedback and addressing any performance concerns, recommendations for job placement and/or growth opportunities to senior management and the Human Resources Department.
- Responsibility to successfully complete annual performance evaluations.
- Ensuring all staffing needs are met and the most effective working environment is achieved.
This person can sit anywhere in Southern California.